1a. I chose River Phoenix who played Chris Chambers in the movie "Stand by Me" to play Ralph.1b. Chris Chambers is a good Ralph because
- He is a natural leader. Ralph knew the island needed a single voice, so he stepped up, just like Chris.
- He calms others in his group down.
- He knows how to handle problems.
- Like Ralph, he takes charge when he sees something wrong going on.
- He is knowledgeable about how life works, just as Ralph knew the boys could not survive on the island without rules, Chris tells the boys what to do to make the trip to the dead body a success.
2a. I chose a picture of Bart Simpson for Jack
2b. These are my reasons
- Bart is a troublemaker and creates a lot of problems for his family. Jack is exactly the same way, creating problems for the boys on the island, such as hunting instead of keeping the fire going when the ship came.
- Jack always leads his tribe into trouble, such as when he forced them to steal Piggy's specs. Bart always leads his friend Milhouse into trouble.
- Bart doesn't care about rules
- Bart likes to not listen to leaders, as Jack doesn't like to listen to Ralph.
- Bart likes to cause trouble and Jack did that by seperating from the group.
3a. This is a picture of Josh Peck from the show "Drake and Josh."
3b. I chose Josh Peck because he
- deals with people making fun of his weight
- doesn't stand up for himself
- is smart on the show and like Piggy, he brings an intellectual perspective to the show.
- uses logic to solve problems
- sometimes doesn't know when to shut up on "Drake and Josh."
4a. I chose Stuart Little to play Simon.

4b. These are the reasons I chose Stuart Little.
- 1. Both Stuart and Simon are vulnerable to people making fun of them because they are little. Like when Stuart wanted to try out for soccer and Simon was talking about the beastie.
- 2. Both of them experience many things to overcome. Like when Stuart Little goes and searches for his bird friend and Simon looks for the beast.
- They are similar because they both believe strongly about certain things. Stuart believes that he can do whatever what he wants and Simon believed he really did see a beastie.
5a. I chose Cruella de Vil to play Roger.

5b. These are the reasons I chose Cruella de Vil.
- Cruella kills animals to get fur coats. Roger kills Piggy so he'll shut up.
- Cruella doesn't fill bad about killing animals, Roger doesn't fill bad about killing Piggy
- Cruella doesn't care about rules; neither does Roger when he joins Jack's tribe.
6. I chose a picture of the Loch Ness Monster for my beastie because the boys in my version of the story are shipwrecked.
7a. This is a picture of an island near Japan. I would like the characters to be stuck on this island.


7b. Some things that that I would change about the story is that they will be shipwrecked instead of having their plane crash. The second thing that I would change in the story is that instead of being younger boys, they would all be preteens and teenagers. The last thing that I would change for the story is I would have the boys never be rescued off the island and eventually, they would kill Ralph and there would be no more common sense on the island. This would lead to anarchy and the boys would live for a couple of years before their irresponsible behavior would lead to their deaths.
8. I would change the title "Lord of the Flies" to "A Swim with a Monster." I would change it to this because Simon in the original "Lord of the Flies" talks with the beastie while walking through the forest. I want Simon instead to go for a swim and find the Loch Ness Monster. The actual beastie though would be a clump of seaweed.




No comments:
Post a Comment